Saturday, October 14, 2006

Cleo




I haven't been keeping up with this at all. I have so many pictures to put up, new kitten pictures (2 months old now), pictures of the new house, from the Live and Learn Conference, TKD, etc. But I didn't really feel right putting up any pictures of happy stuff until I talked about Cleo.

Cleo died suddenly while Richard and I were in Albuquerque for the Live & Learn Unschooling Conference. Before we left for Albuquerque, I took Richard's cat Tut to the vet because I knew he wasn't feeling well. He had a dental infection, and was great with some antibiotics and pain pills. I didn't realize though, that Cleo was sick too. She was a fairly reclusive cat anyway, and wasn't adjusting to the kittens well, so I didn't worry about her hanging out in the bedroom alone. I found out during the big dinner that she had died. Thankfully mom found her so she didn't die alone. Dr. Staley kept her frozen for us, and Richard and I buried her in the backyard of our new house when we got home. Richard felt strongly that we take her to the new house even though she never lived there, so she didn't think we just abandoned her.



2 comments:

Sandra Dodd said...

OH! I just came to your site for the first time in a while, and what a beautiful cat, and I'm so sorry to hear that she's gone. I hope things are going well for you and Richard.

Katy said...

Thanks, we miss her.