Friday, January 26, 2007

Snow!!!!

We have gotten a TON of snow over the last week (ok, a ton for Southern New Mexico). We really don't get too much at my house, even though we are within walking distance of a decent sized mountain. Usually you have to take a half-hour drive or so to see much snow in the winter. I really don't like the cold, but if it is going to be cold I would like to at least see some snow! Well, I got it twice this week. It snowed in the beginning of the week, and I actually still had some in my yard when it snowed again last night. It rained like crazy most of the day though, so now it is all gone.








This is my house at about 6 this morning. The clock on my camera is wrong, it says 6pm, but it was am.






The Ash tree in the yard had started to get buds on it before the snow, I am not sure if they survived the cold.





This is the Garden God in the first snow, he can still see the yard.





After today's snow he was pretty covered.






The frog and turtle checker board is still visible after the first snow...



But this morning it was gone!! :-)



The heavenly bamboo looked really pretty dusted with snow.



And my very favorite of the pictures, Richard enjoying the snow, coming down like crazy! He, by the way, took most of these pictures. He is a great photographer.

No comments: